Please sign up for a five-minute time slot and arrive during your selected time.
This event is not Household Hazardous Waste Day. Please do not bring hazardous waste to this event.
Items we will be accepting at this year’s event:
- Document shredding for residents, through Empire Recycling’s Confidata service. Limit of 5 boxes per household, please
- Expanded Polystyrene Foam (Styrofoam), through the Otsego ReUse Center. This includes rigid polystyrene foam packing materials (NOT loose fill peanuts), as well as coolers and egg cartons. Rigid foam packaging, coolers, etc., must be clean and white and have tape, labels, etc., removed. Egg cartons may be of any color
- Cork: natural cork from wine and beverage bottles, also through Otsego ReUse Center
- Clothing and textiles, recycled through Helpsy
- For a complete list of items accepted by Helpsy, click here.
- Eyeglasses through the Cooperstown Lions Club
- Tennis balls
- DVDs and VHS tapes
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste tubes, dental floss containers (do NOT include dental floss picks)
- Used Inkjet cartridges (no toner, please)
- Used cellphones and chargers. NO desktop phones or answering machines
- Small electronics (tablets, digital cameras, PDAs, Mp3 players, iPods, and chargers)
- Empty coffee bags (any brand)
- Pet food bags and pouches. Please make sure bags are empty, clean, and dry
- Bottle caps – any brand of plastic or metal bottle caps from beverage containers (juice, milk, soda, etc). Do not include bottles, jars, or food container lids
Earth Festival this year will not include vendors or information booths. Please keep an eye on OCCA for the announcement of a new event, coming summer 2022.
Register for your timeslot here:
If you are able, we would appreciate any donation you can make to help keep our mission moving. Please consider making a donation so that we can continue working on behalf of the environment and creating informative programs that can bring us together in a world of social distancing.
Thank you again for helping us keep the future of environmental conservation, education, and protection alive.
Sign up to volunteer!
Volunteers needed. We are seeking volunteers to assist with the event. Volunteers will help with driver check-in, traffic control, unloading cars, and sorting and packing materials for recycling. Please use the form below to volunteer and help us out on this exciting day. Thank you!