Many Otsego County municipalities have often expressed a need for more dedicated, in-depth support with land use issues, sustainability initiatives, grant opportunities, and development challenges. To meet this need, OCCA’s Circuit Rider Planner Program provides both continuous and project-specific land use planning support for municipalities at minimal cost.
Our Environmental Planner can be retained by your municipality at minimal
cost, and can work closely with your town board, planning board, and zoning board of appeals to tackle challenges as they arise. The following are a few ways we can provide continuous support:
- planning expertise at board meetings;
- advising citizen working groups;
- reviewing site plan and subdivision applications;
- training members of planning boards and zoning boards of appeals.
In today’s uncertain budgeting climate, municipalities are more interested than ever in leveraging grant money, creating ways to improve efficiency, and working strategically toward
their community’s goals. Whatever your municipality’s specific planning goals, we’re here to work with you to achieve them. We’re ready to assist you with projects such as:
- creating, revising and implementing comprehensive plans;
- drafting or reviewing zoning codes and development regulations;
- researching and preparing grant applications;
- conducting land use and housing surveys;
- conducting natural resource surveys;
- researching and writing policies;
- collecting and analyzing data.
How it Works
OCCA provides a 50/50 matching grant to participating municipalities. Our current rate for the match is $50/hour. Contract amounts vary based on the needs of the municipality.
Circuit Rider Planner Program Brochure
Agriculture and Farmland Protection Plan
State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) Training
Town of Maryland Comprehensive Plan Update (DRAFT)
Town of Edmeston
Town of Otsego
Village of Gilbertsville