Salary $35,000 – $40,000 a year plus benefits
Job Type Full-time, Part-time, 6-mo Contract with option to renew
Number of hires for this role
OCCA is looking for a motivated, marketing savvy person to join our team for assisting with our HeatSmart Mohawk Valley (HSMV) program. HeatSmart Mohawk Valley is a program that serves all six counties of the Mohawk Valley Economic Region (Fulton, Herkimer, Montgomery, Oneida, Otsego, and Schoharie) as a project of the Mohawk Valley Economic Development District, Inc. and the Otsego County Conservation Association and funding from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA). The program provides a onestop solution for homeowners, renters, commercial building owners of any size, schools, farms, and municipalities to explore clean energy technology and upgrades such as heat pumps for the buildings where we live and work. The team guides people to free energy audit programs, connect clients with pre-vetted contractors and engineering firms, and provide detailed information on grants, rebates, tax credits and financing.
OCCA is searching for an organized individual who can manage the day-to-day operations of the HSMV, including but not limited to marketing, advertising, working with partner organizations and other Clean Heating and Cooling Campaigns throughout New York State, and connecting with potential clients to guide them to the programs they are eligible for.
The program has been in the process of digitizing our outreach throughout the last year, and are looking for an individual who has a deep understanding of digital marketing, customer service and thinking outside of the box to create solutions for partners, clients and the team. This position will work closely with the Campaign director and other members of the clean energy team to get up to speed and working into the future of the program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage and facilitate the execution of the HSMV brand campaigns
• Collaborate with the team, potential partner orgs and advertising agency to outline tasks, ownership, and due dates to ensure all campaign tasks are completed correctly and on time
• Collaborate, plan, develop and execute the promotion HSMV outreach campaigns.
• Develop and create copy to be used for advertising, internal communications, multimedia, and the website
• Current customer promotional engagement through mailings, social media, physical media, etc.
• Organizing the team for streamlined outreach throughout the region
• Reporting for NYSERDA
• Recruit and manage volunteers and interns to support the program
• Work with Campaign Director to plan and implement outreach and marketing goals
• Oversee execution of Marketing and advertising grants
• Assist with special projects
• Other tasks to support the program
• Marketing, customer service and/ or project management experience a must
• Advanced computer proficiency, technical aptitude and multimedia skills
• Awareness of current consumer behavior and required digital marketing techniques
• Ability to think creatively
• Strong oral, listening, and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational, prioritization, project management skills and time management skills
• Attention to detail
• Flexible and adaptable to shifting of priorities
• Interest in Clean Energy technology
• Experience with HubSpot marketing and customer relationship tools and automations
• Working knowledge of Clean Energy technology
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Company Retirement Match
To apply please email resume and cover letter to Amy Wyant (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Anna Rutenbeck (email@example.com).