Similar to our kitchens, our bathrooms are another spot in our home that we can make easy swaps to more sustainable and reusable items. If you haven’t already tried one or some of these swaps, now is a perfect time!
- Switch out your plastic body wash bottles for bars of soap.
- Do the same with your shampoo and conditioner – they make bars for these too! If you’re not ready for a shampoo bar, you can try re-fillable services for product.
- If you wear makeup, try to keep a base of your everyday items and keep some on hand for special occasions. Avoid over-buying to cut down on waste! The shelf life of some makeup can be 6-12 months.
- Good to the last drop! For items like toothpaste, cut the tube open to utilize the entire product.
- Try out reusable cotton rounds instead of their single-use version.
- Cut your plastic use by getting a bamboo toothbrush.
Help OCCA continue offering outdoor experiences, promoting sustainable practices, and advocating for the protection of the amazing natural beauty and resources we are so fortunate to have.