Clean Energy Outreach Specialist
Job Type: Full time, 2-year contract with option to renew
Number of Hires for this role: 1
Compensation: $37,000-$45,000 based on experience plus paid health insurance, paid dental, retirement match, paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick leave.
OCCA is in search of a customer service orientated person to join our clean energy team.Our program serves all six counties of the Mohawk Valley Economic Region (Fulton, Herkimer, Montgomery, Oneida, Otsego, and Schoharie) with a focus on Otsego and Schoharie Counties. The program provides a one stop solution for homeowners, renters, commercial building owners of any size, schools, farms, and municipalities to explore clean energy technology and upgrades, such as heat pumps, for the buildings where they live and work. The team guides people to energy audit programs, connect clients with pre-vetted contractors, assists clients with applications and provide detailed information on grants, rebates, tax credits and financing. This position requires an organized individual who can work directly with clients in search of assistance and connecting with potential clients to guide them to the programs they are eligible for. The program has been in the process of digitizing our outreach throughout the last two years and are looking for an individual who has a deep understanding of digital marketing, customer service and thinking outside of the box to create solutions for partners, clients, and the team. This position will work closely with the Campaign director, Marketing Outreach Coordinator, and other members of the clean energy team to get up to speed and working into the future of the program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist with customer promotional engagement through e-mailings, social media, physical media, tabling etc.
• Present information at events both digital and in person
• Keep extensive notes, documentation and tracking of clients’ and resources
• Participating in NYSERDA training calls and webinars
• Assist clients with applications
• Other tasks to support the program
• Customer service and/ or project management experience a must
• Advanced computer proficiency and technical aptitude
• Ability to think creatively
• Strong oral, listening, and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skill and proven ability to work with diverse audiences in groups or in one-on-one settings.
• Excellent organizational, prioritization, project management skills and time management skills
• Attention to detail
• Flexible and adaptable to shifting of priorities
• Interest in Clean Energy technology
• Experience with HubSpot marketing, Salesforce or other customer relationship tools and automations • Working knowledge of Clean Energy technology
• Experience working with volunteers and/or supervising volunteers
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Amy Wyant, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Application review will commence on September 26th and continue until position is filled